Saturday, June 03, 2006

Yeah Day

Yep, it's a YEAH day:)! I got my financial aid award letter in the mail today from ECU! I am officially going! They offered me money. I'll have to pay it back for the rest of my life, but hey, it works!
SO! I'm going to ECU in the FALL!! I'm a bit excited:)

Let's all take a moment to reflect in the irony and ask some "Hey Kim" questions, shall we?
I started my career, 11 years ago THIS MONTH at WESTERN Carolina University. Ahh, the things I wish I could go back and change, but, alas, no can do. Let's face it though, I wouldn't be the person I am today without all of the experiences I had at Western or Norwich. I don't regret a bit of it. I feel that I am now ready to complete my ongoing, never ending, forever college student degree. That, and I don't want to be an accountant anymore, even if I did get that 10% raise.
So I know, the ultimate question is "KIM! Have you been going to college for 11 years?" Yes and no, but more no than yes. 1995 and 1996 I was technically in college, but I perfected the art of drinking and not dying instead of reading and writing. Good times, those that I remember. After that, I took some time off. I got married, had a child, divorced and got married again. It was somewhere around 2002 that I started taking classes again, and actually paying attention. I left Hawaii at the end of 2003 with a 3.5 GPA and 20 some credit hours. While in Asheville, I've taken classes sporadically at the community college and have managed to keep my GPA and get a few more credits. SO, all in all, I've only been a part time college student for 4 years-ish. I'm estimating it could take a little less than 4 more part time years to finish, but that's ok. All the stupid piddly classes are out of the way and I'm down to the nitty gritty.
So yes, I screwed up when I was 17 and 18 and 19 and 20 and, well, you get the point, but I've learned a lot. I've made a lot of wonderful friends and I've learned a lot about who I am and who I'm not. I wouldn't change a thing. NOW if my CHILD thinks she's doing this B.S. to me, she has another thing coming. She gets 1 semester on my payroll. She screws that up and well, I'll miss her :)! She is cute though!

In 11 days I'll be on vacation. I NEED a vacation! We're heading overseas for my ex husbands wedding. Yes, we're weird. I can't wait though. The wedding is 2 weeks from today. We'll be there for 10 days. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm taking the laptop and hope to get some pictures up while we're there, so stay with me:)!

Have a great day!
:)

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two questions:
1) If you started college 16 years ago when you were 17, wouldn't that make you 33 now?

2) If you live in Asheville, how are you going to attend ECU?

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

No one said I had to know how to do simple math!! That's why all my friends are elementary school teachers:) So I've edited it back to 11. Whops.
ECU has an online distance ed course for Health Information Management and Health Systems Management. I just have to show up for graduation:)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home