Thursday, January 14, 2010

2010

Yes, I’m a bit redundant.  It’s still January.  I’m allowed to ponder a new year.  A new year.  A new chance at new opportunities.  A new me.  A new you.  A  new look.  A new self. 

I think I look at New Years as a way to start fresh, but it’s really a new way to look at what you are, who you are and where you want to go from here.

This year I want to focus on bad habits.  I want to be healthier, mentally and physically.  I want to invite structure into my life and embrace it.  I want to set schedules and stick to them.  I want to learn to say No and not feel guilty.  I want to do more downsizing in my life.  Simpler.  Happier? 

I want to be the person I know I can be.  The person that I know I am.  The person that I’ve left behind while getting consumed with things that don’t really matter as much to me.  I need to get on the bandwagon and I need to be my priority.

What makes this year different from any other year?  Haven’t we all made similar statements at the beginning of every year, only to see a handful, but more realistically none, of them come to fruitation?  That’s why New Years Resolutions are such a vicious circle!  I want to make this year different.  I’ve noticed a change in me and the way that I view myself and feel about myself and quite frankly, I’m not happy with what I see.  If I’M not happy, well, obviously I’m not able to make others happy or enjoy things the way I want to.  Here and now, I’m going to change. 

I have 16 months until I finish my degree.  I have several presentations, choices and decisions that need to be made in the very near future and I want to go into them loving myself and feeling confident about myself and my decisions.  I’m going to make it happen.

SO, that being said, Happy New  Year.  Here’s to accepting that we repeat the cycle of crazy but at some point, we wake up and realize, it’s time to move on.

IMG_2330

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home