Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hello 2010!

A new decade!  Wow!  I wanted to take a moment and put a few thoughts down about things that I want to accomplish this year.

By the end of this year, I’ll have 4 months remaining on my Bachelors degree.  Child Support will have stopped in May.  There are weddings to go to, trips to plan, languages to learn, goals to strive for.

For the first time I actually made a list New Years day.  I’ve made lots of lists over the years and they usually get lost within the first 5 minutes of putting the pen down.  I don’t want this to happen.  I want to live a better life.  I want to be a better person and my little list starts me out on that path.

Losing 40 pounds is a goal.  Learning to eat better and take better care of myself is going to be a life changing experience.

Budgeting and paying off debt is a goal.  The feeling of seeing my progress really happen is going to be one of the best feelings I’ve ever felt.  The sleeping well that will hopefully follow is going to be AMAZING.

Studying and focusing on school is a goal.  The feeling of getting straight A’s and increasing my GPA to “hopefully” a 3.9 overall and graduation with honors is going to be icing on the cake.  The celebration will be epic!

I’m going to write all the good things and the bad things of this year on here.  I’m going to be honest about my life and the fact is, not everything is always  peachy.  I have struggles.  I have issues.  I’m human.  I think I want everyone to know that there are people that just can’t always put on the “look at me aren’t I awesome” face.  It’s not me.  I’m not going to hide anymore. 

Hello World.  It’s me, Kimberly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home