Friday, March 03, 2006

March 03, 2006

Friday, March 03, 2006
Freaking AOL Nazi's! Current mood: pissed off
Somehow, I feel certain that after posting this I will be stalked by the AOL Third Reich and tortured. I think I'll take that chance.
Do you have AOL? Have you ever tried to CANCEL your AOL? OH.MY.GOD! You'd think I was killing a kitten in front of some young child! So you see where this is going, right?
I managed to successfully cancel my AOL account that I've had for 7 years today. If you know my old AOL screenname and didn't get the update email with the new one, email me and I'll give it to you. Anyway, I digress. So, I'm looking online for the number to call and cancel my AOL. I find it and proceed to call. While I'm on forever hold in phone circle land, I read all these posts by different people saying what a Pain in the Ass it is to cancel AOL and how rude they are and blah blah blah. Now surely, my nice southern self won't have a problem. Right? Right? Where were you people to slap me in the head.
Long story trying to be short, I finally got ahold of a person and asked nicely to please cancel my account. Stupid Rep then decided to tell me all the benefits of keeping it and blah blah blah. Everytime I could get a word in edgewise I asked nicely to please close my account. After about the 500th time of me asking this in the SAME tone mind you, Stupid Rep says "Mame, there's no need to be hostile." Again, OH.MY.GOD! I was SO not even close to being hostile and at that point, I lost my calm. I didn't not change the tone of my voice, but said "Sir, you think I'm hostile? Let me show you hostile. PLEASE CLOSE MY F***ING ACCOUNT (please note, all still in a pleasent voice) Well geez you would have thought I had gone of and said that to the Pope! "Mame, there is NO need for that kind of language, who do you think you are, do you think you can just get your way with that kind of language?" I said, Are you closing my account? "YES RIGHT NOW!" Obviously it works.
For pete's sake! They wonder why they're about to go under. Um, if we call to cancel, we really mean we want to cancel. Please don't try to change our minds and just do what we ask. Thanks and have a nice day. On the up side, this guy was American and not Indian. I could understand him. I felt just FINE saying what I did to him because he deserved it. Stupid Rep. I so hope he could hear my American Idiot playing in the background. Stupid!
I'm going to go into hiding now. Please don't look behind any bookcases for secret passage ways into hidden attic space. I won't be there darn it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home